Always wanted to know how to draw? Well why not join this fun, relaxed course? We will cover many topics including basic shapes, shading and drawing from subjects including a Life Model. This course provides an introduction to a range of drawing skills and materials required to produce representational drawings. Fun and challenging exercises will encourage students to develop their skills and personal style in a supportive learning environment.
Students will draw from still-life arrangements in the studio to tune their observation skills, establish proportions, explore tone and shading, create mood and investigate ways to create the illusion of space in their drawings. Fun and relaxing, this drawing course for beginners is accessible to anyone wanting to explore their creative potential.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
You’ll begin by learning basic techniques, including:
- Drawing basic shapes
- Using shading
- Drawing from an assembled still life
- Drawing subjects: Flora and Fauna
- Drawing with perspective: Bring along a photograph of a street at your favourite holiday destination, or an image of an interesting building
- Drawing people and portraits: Participants will discuss the rules of proportion of the human body and begin to look at features of the face, ending in a complete portrait study from a photo of their choice
- Life drawing: Towards the end of the course you will be able to put your newly found skills to the test by drawing a life model
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING:
- Drawing pads (A3 size).
- A range of pencils: HB, 2B 4B, 6B and a pencil sharpener.
- White hard Staedtler erasers.
If you are unable to source all of the items please do not worry. Bring along what you can to the first session and John can help you source any items you can’t find/purchase.
In addition to the materials mentioned above you will need to bring along some photographs to use as subject matter:
- A sample of plants or flowers, either real or photographs.
- Photographs of animals and birds or favourite pets.
- Photographs of buildings, streetscapes, favourite holiday destinations, anything that shows a building in perspective.
- Photographs of people, family members or ancestors.
- Additional materials / other media will be discussed on the first day.
8 sessions, 16 hours in total
When – Time
Mon 31 Jul 2017 – 12pm – 2pm
Mon 07 Aug 2017 – 12pm – 2pm
Mon 14 Aug 2017 – 12pm – 2pm
Mon 21 Aug 2017 – 12pm – 2pm
Mon 28 Aug 2017 – 12pm – 2pm
Mon 04 Sep 2017 – 12pm – 2pm
Mon 11 Sep 2017 – 12pm – 2pm
Mon 18 Sep 2017 – 12pm – 2pm
Room 2 – NBCC Narrabeen Annex (1525 Pittwater Road, North Narrabeen, NSW 2101)
Note: Please check with the college by calling 02 9970 1000 or emailing email@example.com before purchasing materials. Talentree or NBCC is not liable to for any loss incurred if a class is cancelled.